Membership and Holy Week Celebrations
This past Sunday was a great celebration! Our servant teams knocked it out of the park and your presence and engagement was amazing. (Visit the Doxa Facebook page to see some of the great photos from the day.) Thanks to all who served and participated. You all made Sunday a historic event in the life of Doxa Church!
If you missed it, please check it out here.
Many of you have committed to be founding members of Doxa and now, as a church body, we'll turn our focus toward building up the foundation we've laid. A great church is built not just by her elders and deacons, but by every member playing their part. We need all of you in this and I can’t wait to look back and see how God used each of us to built a new future for Doxa Church. (If you haven't yet committed to Doxa, you can still do so on our Membership page. Or, if you still have questions or want to learn more, visit our website or email [email protected].)
Talk it Out:
As you consider this past Sunday, I encourage you to process through some Scripture and questions with your family, friends, or MC group. Start by reading Isaiah 61:1-4 and Ezra 3:10-13. Then discuss:
1. What kinds of emotions or thoughts did you experience on Sunday or since then regarding the beginning of Doxa Church?
2. How is it possible to both mourn and rejoice at the same time?
3. What are some of the things you are most encouraged by?
4. What are some of your hopes for the future?
5. As we consider committing to Gather (Sundays), Go (Make disciples with an MC), Give (Steward our gifts) and Grow (have a discipleship plan) (the 4G's) together, what might our struggles be and how can we help each other?
INVITE A FRIEND:
- Good Friday: As we come to the end of holy week, please join us with Kings Kaleidoscope for our Good Friday services at 6:30p and 8p.
- Easter: Invite a friend who needs to meet Jesus to our Easter gatherings on Sunday at 9a and 11a.
- Get Baptized: If you have yet to publicly express faith in Jesus through baptism, you can sign up to be baptized this Sunday.
- Sign the maps: For those of you who haven't had a chance to sign one of the maps, they'll be in the sanctuary again this Sunday. Just find your city and sign your name with one of the available pens.
I can’t wait to you see you all on Sunday!