Making disciples in the everyday stuff of our kids lives.
THIS WEEKS KIDS LITURGY:
FAMILY RESOURCE GUIDES
The following guides complement the Sunday Kids Liturgy and can be used with your family or missional community. We have taken a pause on the Gospel Project during the pandemic quarantine so that we can focus on one lesson as a church. Each kids lesson goes along with the main Sunday Digital Liturgy. You can find past resources on the Discussion Guides page.
- September 13, 2020 - Repent and Rebuild (Nehemiah 1:1-11)
- September 20, 2020 - God Provides (Nehemiah 2:1-8)
- September 27, 2020 - Look Closely (Nehemiah 2:9-20)
PAST KIDS LITURGY VIDEOS
All Kid's Liturgy videos are available here on Vimeo:
PLEASE NOTE: MANY OF THE PROGRAMS BELOW ARE CURRENTLY PAUSED DURING THE QUARANTINE.
Ministries and programs are not the goal. Helping kids love Jesus and become disciples who make disciples in the everyday life of stuff is the goal. Parents will have a substantively greater impact on their child’s discipleship than any program or event. This is why Doxa Kids partners with parents. We value all of the “normal” environments our kids live in (home, school, play, church) and see them as essential to the holistic growth of a kid.
The home is the first environment where kids will learn the affection of God the Father and their identity as children of God. This is done through parents/guardians modeling their own Gospel Identity to their kids and inviting them into worshiping Jesus through regular rhythms of life.
We believe that kids learn to live out their Gospel Identities as Family, Servant and Witness in active participation in Missional Communities. They learn what it means to be the Family of God as disciples in the everyday stuff of life. Kids will learn that real community is essential, beautiful and requires hard work.
Kids Ministry focuses on age-appropriate learning environments set in age/grade classrooms for Sunday Gatherings. Each classroom is paired with a phase of development and geared towards learning the story of God. We believe that Sunday shapes our everyday and kids will receive a regular rhythm of the good news of Jesus each week. Classrooms teach not just for knowledge but for heart transformation.
NEW TO DOXA KIDS
Welcome! We are so glad you are checking out Doxa and the Kids Ministry. Here are a few things to know for your first visit:
We use a check in system through CCB (Church Community Builder) that provides a matching safety code for you and your kids. Check in begins 15 minutes before the gathering and closes about 20 minutes after the gathering begins. If you are new to Doxa Kids, please arrive a few minute early as it will take about 5 minutes to add your family to the system. You will need to set up you own contact information first before adding kids, which allows us to contact you during the gathering if needed. Any Doxa Family team member can help you with the check in process. We have 5 classes available for kids:
- Babies (1 year olds)
- Toddlers (2 & 3 year olds)
- Preschool (4 year olds - PreK)
- Early Elementary (K-2nd grade)
- Upper Elementary (3rd-4th grade)
- 5th & 6th graders have their own ministry - click here to find out more.
Sunday Gatherings focus on teaching the story of God to kids by diving into the Bible. We adapt LifeWay’s Gospel Project curriculum for each classroom. Lessons focus on the following:
- Bible story and its main point
- Big picture question and answer from the story
- Key memory passage
We encourage families to engage in their kids learning by using the resources given to them each week to do family devotionals/talking points. LifeWay offers an app that will allow you and your kids to engage with the lesson each week on the go.
Family Resource Guides
These guides complement the Sunday Kids Liturgy and can be used with your family or missional community. We have taken a pause on the Gospel Project during the pandemic quarantine so that we can focus on one lesson as a church. Please see the guides at the top of the page for each lesson)
(previously Child Dedication)
This milestone is a celebration of a parent’s commitment to discipling their kids and the parent’s dedication of their kid to the Lord.
- Parents Commitment: The parent recognizes their responsibility as the primary disciple-maker for their kids. They will develop a plan for family discipleship and present their commitment to the church through a celebration at a Sunday gathering.
- Church’s Commitment: The church will partner with the parent in commitment to discipling their kid through encouragement in all discipleship environments. We help parents develop a plan for your family discipleship.
Who Can Participate?
- This celebration is for those who are disciples of Jesus who are committing to raising their child in a Gospel-centered home. (Remember, we’re here to help you figure out what that looks like!)
- This celebration is for those who call Doxa home. The church family will commit to you in being part of helping you raise up your kid.
- Any age kid(s) in which you want to dedicate to the Lord.
STEP 1: Parent Commissioning Orientation
This is the first step to Parent Commissioning at Doxa. We discuss God’s design for parenting, how we plan to partner with you in discipling your kids, and begin the process of creating a Family Discipleship Plan. The next orientation will be October 18 over zoom.
STEP 2: Parent Commissioning Celebration
This is the second step, where we come together to celebrate your desire to raise your kid up in a Gospel-centered home. On the day of this celebration (during a Sunday gathering), we will invite you on stage and pray for you as a church family.
There are many age-related resources for parents to use in their discipleship plan. Creating a regular rhythm of family devotions creates an environment for kids to hear from and respond to the Holy Spirit. Use these resources with kids either in the home or in Missional Communities:
- The Story of God for Kids (Saturate)
- The Gospel Basics for Kids (Brad Watson)
- The Jesus Storybook Bible (Sally Lloyd-Jones)
- Gospel Project Big Picture Interactive Bible
- Gospel Project 52-Week Bible Story Devotional
- The Beginners Bible (Zonder Kidz)
- Big Picture Story Bible (David Helm)
- The Action Bible (David C Cook)
- Long Story Short (Marty Machowski)
- Big Thoughts for Little Thinkers (Joey Allen)
- The New City Catechism (The Gospel Coalition)
- Gospel in Motion Videos (Doxa Resource)
JOIN THE TEAM
It is a privilege to witness what God is doing in and through our kids. By joining the team, you play a part in discipling the kids and make a kingdom investment in the next generation. Because we are contributors and not consumers, we invite each parent to participate at a minimum of once a quarter in a classroom.
A few benefits of serving in Doxa Kids
-models for your kids to contribute to the needs of the local church
-connects you to parents of other similar-aged children
-trains you how to be a better disciple of your kids
-benefits the kids and fellow teachers as you use the gifts God has given you
“My oldest daughter made a personal commitment to follow Jesus. I could walk with her with more confidence because I spent time in a classroom on Sunday mornings. I could speak to her using her language and understanding. It was an amazing experience!” – Father of 2nd grader
CURRENT INTERNSHIP OPENINGS FOR KIDS
KIDS MINISTRY INTERNSHIP
Reports To: Director of Kids Ministry - Liz Pearse
Overview: Designed to give you a hands-on and up-close experience in vocational ministry. Ranging from 6-12 months, the ultimate purpose is to strengthen your ministry gifts and clarify your missional calling.
How to Apply: Fill out form here.