Women's Disicipleship: Equally Called and Equipped
Doxa is committed to providing opportunities for women to be trained and developed to discern and leverage their unique gifts for the Kingdom; both inside and outside the local church.
The Women's Discipleship Cohorts are short-term cohort-style groups designed to equip and empower women for ministry. Our desire is to see women:
- understand who God has created them to be
- able to identify their calling, gifts, and talents
- serve and grow in their areas of giftedness and calling
- raise up and mentor the next generation of women
If this ignites your heart, take the next step and apply for a spot in an upcoming cohort.
For further details or to contact us, read below.
We couldn’t be more excited to see what Jesus does through this initiative next year.
WOMEN'S COHORT ... IS THIS FOR ME?
The Women's Ministry Cohorts are for women at Doxa who have served in a leadership role, have additional leadership potential, or are interested in being better equipped to live out of their identity, calling, and vocation.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We offer two rounds of cohorts in the spring and fall. Our hope is to develop women at Doxa in the following areas:
- Raise up mature women of faith to serve as mentors and leaders at Doxa and in their everyday lives
- Empower women toward confidence in their calling, identity, and role in their current stage of life
- Help discern and maximize God-given strengths and gifts and identify places to grow and develop them
- Support and resource women to take next steps in creating and leading new ministries, businesses, and serving opportunities in various capacities both inside and outside of Doxa (e.g. mentoring, shepherding, Alpha, evangelism at work or in daily life)
- Bridge the gap and understanding between work/home/school-life (vocation) and church
Over the course of nine sessions, each cohort will meet around a specific topic. The topics are intentionally broad with the goal of engaging and reflecting on your life and faith. The meetings will be highly relational with a focus on getting to know each person in such a way that emphasizes being over doing.
Each meeting will require pre-work, primarily reading and completing surveys or tools designed to draw out your understanding and experience with the given topic.
- Each cohort will consist of 9 meetings, including a final celebration
- Meetings will be every three weeks
- Meetings will be 2 hours on Thursday afternoons or an evening via Zoom (some in-person meetings can occur if all participants are willing)
- Fall Cohorts start in September, and Spring Cohort begin in April.
- Cohorts led by Alison Martin and Amy Lathrop
- Story - This is Me + Worldview
- Theological Distinctives and Women in Leadership
- Spiritual Practices
- Leading out of your Marriage or Singleness (Family, Stage of Life, Vocation)
- Community and Evangelism
- Kingdom Tools and Postures of Being and Doing
- Discernment of Personal Calling
- Celebration and Sending Out
Cohort Graduates can expect to:
- pursue additional development in a given area through additional resourcing and 1:1 mentorship
- pursue deaconship
- start, lead, or join a ministry at Doxa or in your community
- make a life change and/or take next steps