Parent Commissioning Class
February 9, 2020
11:00am – 12:00pmCategory: Doxa Kids | Coordinator: Liz Pearse
(PREVIOUSLY CHILD DEDICATION)
This milestone is a celebration of a parent’s commitment to discipling their kids and the parent’s dedication of their kid to the Lord.
- Parents Commitment: The parent recognizes their responsibility as the primary disciple-maker for their kids. They will develop a plan for family discipleship and present their commitment to the church through a celebration at a Sunday gathering.
- Church’s Commitment: The church will partner with the parent in commitment to discipling their kid through encouragement in all discipleship environments. We help parents develop a plan for your family discipleship.
Who Can Participate?
- This celebration is for those who are disciples of Jesus who are committing to raising their child in a Gospel-centered home. (Remember, we’re here to help you figure out what that looks like!)
- This celebration is for those who call Doxa home. The church family will commit to you in being part of helping you raise up your kid.
- Any age kid(s) in which you want to dedicate to the Lord.
STEP 1: Parent Commissioning Orientation Class
This is the first step to Parent Commissioning at Doxa. We discuss God’s design for parenting, how we plan to partner with you in discipling your kids, and begin the process of creating a Family Discipleship Plan. The next orientation will be on Sunday, February 9 at 11am.
STEP 2: Parent Commissioning Celebration
This is the second step, where we come together to celebrate your desire to raise your kid up in a Gospel-centered home. On the day of this celebration (during a Sunday gathering), we will invite you on stage and pray for your as a church family. The next Parent Commissioning Celebration will be on Sunday, February 23.